MTA Business Principles
MTA ACT members are committed to conducting business professionally and fairly.
Each MTA ACT member will:
- Act with professionalism, courtesy and integrity in all their business dealings
- Provide on invoices full details of work carried out and charges for labour, parts, materials, parts disposal, environmental levies and subcontracted work
- Guarantee repairs and service performed against failure due to defective parts supplied by the repairer or faulty workmanship for a specific number of kilometres or period of time(subject to the customer’s rights at law)
- Not knowingly mislead a customer in relation to the condition of a vehicle or be a party to improper practice in relation to the sale or purchase of a vehicle
- Pass unencumbered title to any vehicle sold, but in the event that the encumbrance cannot be cleared, make good any loss suffered by the customer
- Not misrepresent any product or service in advertisements, and ensure that all claims and descriptions made in advertisements are genuine.